It’s easy to get sucked into the frenetic energy of the holiday season. But this time-out also presents a perfect opportunity for us to reflect, relax, re-fill, and re-charge.
Later this month, I'll close my office for some much-needed rest. But before I go, I wanted to share with you some of my favourite quotes, to help you step outside of the whirlwind and soak up the magic of this time of year.
Intuitively pick a number between 1 and 9, to see which inspirational saying and Young Living essential oil is choosing you today:
favoured child: with kindness and love. Assume your needs are reasonable and that your
feelings are signals of something important. Keep yourself well fed and make sure
you are getting enough sleep. Ask yourself: What is this winter all
about? What change is coming?
Oil Blend: Inner Child
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across
the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
Oil Blend: Sacred Mountain
also okay to rest and to recede.
Oil Blend: Release
relying upon our own strength. Nor did he demand that we win his favour by assembling an impressive portfolio of good deeds. Instead, he invites us to enter his rest.
Oil Blend: Believe
5. Time is a constant force, like two poles connected by an elastic string.
Taking a pause in life is like stretching that string, gathering energy to
propel us forward with greater force and speed.
Oil Blend: Highest Potential
6. Did you know that birds do not land because they're tired?
It is a remembrance. They know and have always known that their
liberation depends on their ability to recall the ground.
Cole Arthur Riley
Oil Blend: Grounding
7. We always forget how important the empty days are, how important it may be
sometimes not to expect to produce anything, even a few lines in a journal. A day
when one has not pushed oneself to the limit seems a damaged, damaging
day, a sinful day. Not so! The most valuable thing one can do for the psyche,
occasionally, is to let it rest, wander, live in
the changing light of a room.
Oil Blend: Acceptance
8. All of us are busy but how about doing nothing for a while and
listening to everything that has been longing to speak to us?
Oil Blend: Peace & Calming
9. After the land has rested, Spring comes and gives us beautiful flowers and trees, and the land is prepared to grow delicious foods for us and all of the animals. When the fields are ready to harvest, we appreciate the resting of the land, because of all the good things its gives to us.
John Everett Bass
Oil Blend: Awaken